The New Generations Committee of the Show-Me Rotary (PETS) Planning Council has been contacting Rotaract and Interact sponsoring clubs, sponsors and advisors, district coordinators, and club members to advise them of training planned during PETS, March 24, 2012. The information that has been distributed is below. If you have questions, contact Cassy Venters, D6040, email@example.com.
TO: Rotaract and Interact Club Members
Your sponsoring Rotary Club is participating in a statewide conference, Show Me Rotary, which provides training for all incoming Rotary Club Presidents and Secretaries. This year we have a special training session for Interact (high school) and Rotaract (college and young professionals) club members. We hope you can be a part of this great experience which includes nationally recognized Rotary speakers.
Rotaract and Interact Training
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Jefferson City – Capitol Plaza Hotel, 415 West McCarthy St., Jefferson City, MO 65101 573-635-1234
Begins with breakfast at 7:00 a.m. and ends after lunch 1:45 p.m.
Registration at showmerotary.squarespace.com, registrations can be made after March 8 without a late registration fee.
Rotaractors and Interactors will be able to:
- Meet other club members from across the state
- Get tips for developing service projects
- Discover international connections your club can make
- Find out how to increase the visibility of your club and your projects
- Understand the importance of leadership within your club
We hope you will attend and learn how to help your club become even better! Here is what you need to do if you are interested in participating in the Interact and Rotaract Club Training:
- Call your sponsoring Rotary Club and let them know you are interested. Feel free to ask for their assistance in paying the fee of $30/Rotaractor or Interactor (includes registration, materials, breakfast and lunch) and assisting with travel. Clarify with them whether they will register you or if you will register yourself (#3 below).
- If you need lodging for Friday night, March 23, rooms are available to the Capitol Plaza Hotel at a discounted rate of $95 plus tax. Or if you would like to be home-hosted for Friday night, call or email Justin Roberts, Columbia Rotary Club, firstname.lastname@example.org, 573/846-2297.
- You may register at http://showmerotary.org. Your parent(s) or a friend may also register for the training at the special $30 rate. Click on the link that says Rotaract and Interact and when you get to the page where you select the sessions you will be attending, select New Generations – Rotaract, Interact, Youth Exchange, RYLA in the drop-down menu.
- If you have questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 816-896-8248
- The http://showmerotary.org registration site gives a deadline of March 8. This doesn’t apply to Rotaract and Interact.
More information giving you details about the speakers and topics will be sent to individuals on the training mailing list and district Rotaract and Interact coordinators as possible. It may also be requested from: